- Dentures can be a good way to replace missing teeth, and they can be made to replace all teeth [called complete dentures] or a few teeth [called partial dentures].
- If your dentist recommends having teeth pulled before making your denture, you may be able to get an ‘immediate denture’ which means you don’t have to be without teeth once your teeth are pulled.
- Dentures are removable and need to be taken out and cleaned daily.
- For added strength and comfort, dentures can be attached to implants that are placed in the jawbone. Ask us how!
- The time to get dentures usually takes a few appointments over the course of several weeks.
Be sure to take care of your teeth between cleanings. Brush your teeth twice a day with fluoride toothpaste. Don’t skip flossing!! Flossing is an important step to maintain healthy teeth and gums. Also, use a mouthwash to help control bacteria that could lead to plaque and tarter meanwhile keeping your breath fresh!